"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
Catherine Cardinal, Ph.D. is an Internationally Certified Relationship Coach and a member of Resource Realizations, a Certified Hypnotherapist, Movement Expression Therapist and an Anger Management Facilitator
Get Catherine's bonus audio download, Wise Women Get What They Want!
What it's about: Feeling stuck? Tired of making poor choices? Ready for change? In this audio book, 'Wise Women Get What They Want!', learn tried and true, practical skills on how to make the necessary inner shifts to reach your goals! With over 25 years of experience, Catherine Cardinal, Ph.D., relationship expert and author of A Cure for the Common Life: The Cardinal Rules of Self-Esteem and Men To Run From knows how to help you get results! Become a wise woman–start now on your journey to becoming a dynamic force capable of creating the life you want!
Buy the book Men To Run From on Amazon!
7 Things You Can Do To Improve Your Body Image & Self-Esteem
- Learn to set reasonable goals. Whether it's about your exercise routine or diet, don't set the bar too high or you may find yourself resisting and then failing. Remember that a healthy, balanced life is a journey of steps. Give yourself permission to win by keeping a steady workable pace.
- Single out what is beautiful about you. Perhaps you love your eyes, or your legs, but are unhappy with other parts. Keep your focus on those parts that work for you and know that everyone has parts they love and parts they wish they could change. Look into a mirror and focus on the good stuff.
- Think before you speak and be a generous listener. When you take the time to hear others and contemplate what you are saying back, you are likely to have less conflict and form more genuine bonds with others. Receiving the love of great friends who accept us for exactly as we are, is a great asset to helping us love and accept ourselves.
- Take pride in your accomplishments. We are all good at something. Make a list of those things which you feel really good about and read that list every day. "I am kind, courageous, a great swimmer, etc." Believe in your ability to be competent and also your ability to learn and accomplish new things.
- Fast once a month. Give your body a rest by feeding it only vegetable and/or fruit juices. This cleansing will help keep your weight down, minimize cellulite and give you energy. If you feel good about it, try once a week.
- Be aware of your inner critic. The negative voice in your head which puts you down. When you hear it, tell it to "pipe down and take a hike"! You are in control of your body and mind and no one is going to make you feel less than or not good enough. The critic is a result of all the negative things you have heard or experienced in your life. Let it all go and create positive scenarios in your head. Allow yourself to be creative and imaginative with your new found supportive voices.
- Be in the moment. When you accept the reality of your life exactly as it is now, you stop the futile worrying about the past and the future. Take a moment each day to meditate on what is good about right now and focus on that. Give thanks and gratitude for what is good and believe that things can get better for you. Having these positive thoughts is the secret to a happier life.
Click here to learn more about Catherine's coaching, one-on-one & phone sessions.
I have worked with Catherine on some personal issues and I can only give the most positive remarks for her excellent work. From the beginning, Catherine consistently attended to every detail with firm compassion, respect and understanding. Most importantly, Catherine has the gifted ability to incorporate a sense of humor, which in her serious business, is a definite asset. My life has changed monumentally. My worst days now are better than my best days before I met her. Every job I am given now, I can carry out with efficiency, care and calmness, which is needed since my job entails working with artists, their management and agents, patrons, sponsors and vendors. Catherine is that rare combination of a person with such proficient skills combined with a warm and friendly personality. She is a valuable asset to my continuing development. I have nothing but compliments and admiration for her work."
R.R., Associate Producer
The Self-Esteem and Relationship Expert
Her client base is composed of people from all professions and backgrounds, from celebrities to teachers to homemakers. Her trademark is an integrated approach which yields positive results in a short period of time.
Catherine Cardinal has also found that as a published author, she's been able to utilize mass media to reach and help vast numbers of people. Magazines and television have also offered her the opportunity to educate and inform on topics, which positively influence individuals of all ages and backgrounds.
Since appearing on television and radio, she is frequently contacted by corporations and community groups to deliver talks on topics that are of concern to them. She is also an expert at addressing a broad range of issues that affect individuals private and professional lives.
Certified Anderson and Anderson Stress & Anger Management Facilitator
Utilizing the George Anderson method, the consultant for the blockbuster movie "Anger Management," starring Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler, she helps you find the solutions you need to manage stress and anger.
Angry? Do you feel pushed to the max? These are stressful times. Things are moving so fast and life can feel unbearably hard at times, resulting in uncontrollable feelings such as helplessness, hopelessness and frustration. These then turn into stress and anger.
Catherine Cardinal has years of experience in treating these all too common feelings. She understands what causes them and offers comprehensive solutions to this complicated problem. She specializes in the Anderson and Anderson technique of Anger Management, as featured in the movie "Anger Management" starring Adam Sandler, and is a certified Anger Management Facilitator. Coupled with her many years as a coach, Catherine gets results.
"I was stressed and acting out. My wife and I were fighting daily. She recommended I get some counseling and I found Catherine Cardinal in the yellow pages. She helped me with practical methods that allowed me to understand myself, control my anger and make new and better choices. My relationship improved with my wife and my co-workers. What I appreciated about Catherine was how apparent it was that she truly cared about me and my getting better. I would recommend her to anyone facing these same issues." TW—Marketing Director
Rejuvalife - With Andre Berger, M.D.
Dr. Berger is a visionary in the emerging field of holistic and anti-aging medicine, and the driving force behind Rejuvalife Vitality Institute. Dr. Berger's philosophy incorporates a holistic approach to anti-aging therapies, with a special emphasis on customized patient care, education and lifestyle changes.
He has a strong belief that a balance of complementary therapy, traditional medicine and non-surgical cosmetic procedures are the key to our emotional, physical and mental well-being. And, he focuses on prevention rather than the just the cure.